Saturday, August 15, 2009

Today's roundup, video edition.

1. I've been obsessed with the "Tron Legacy" trailer; you should be, too.

2. The trailer for Peter Jackson's adaptation of "The Lovely Bones" finally came out. The novel by Alice Sebold kept me weeping the whole time I read it, and since I started sniffling during this two and a half minute trailer, I feel bad for anyone sitting next to me in the theater who will inevitably experience tear-splashback.

3. Paramore is exactly the kind of angry girl pop-punk that I force my best friend to play in the car whenever we're driving stupid places to spend money we shouldn't. Their new song will inevitably hit that playlist soon enough.



And I like Hayley's white-bondage-onepiece thing - very reminiscent of old Gwen Stefani.


4. The Jay-Z/Kanye/Rihanna jam "Run This Town" is really, really, REALLY bad, especially because Rihanna's "singing" just consists of her using the tone of "ella" whining and applying it to the word "hey." But MTV claims the new video has a "Mad Max" edge, and I can really, really support that ("California Love" did a good job, I must admit). Here's a clip of the upcoming video for "Run This Town" ...



Plus, in this publicity photo, Kanye's in the shadows. And that sight warms my heart. But bitch take that bandana off your face! Only Mos Def can get away with that badass-ery.


+ Photos courtesy of Entertainment Weekly, MTV

1 comment:

  1. it's on the playlist. as is the paramore song from twilight. thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete

sound.off