Sunday, August 30, 2009

The dumb blonde stereotype, reinforced yet again.

It's been practically a week since the Miss Universe pageant, and I'm still reeling from Heidi Montag's (I know she's changed her last name to Pratt since marrying Spender, but I refuse!) horrific performance. I'm not going to ruin all your lives by posting a video here, but I'm just going to say one thing:

Kristin Cavallari is an idiot.


She was always my least favorite character (yup, they're characters) on "Laguna Beach," and the fact that she's replacing Lauren Conrad on "The Hills" ensures that I'm never going to watch that shit again. "The bitch is back?" Yeah, right.

Anyway, so Cavallari told Usmagazine.com that she was really impressed by Heidi's performance and that "It reminded me of Britney Spears at the VMAs!" Huh. What an INSIGHTFUL and SUBTLE comparison to make. It's not like Heidi completely STOLE Britney's 2000 VMA performance or anything.

Here, let's compare:

Heidi's trickery:


Britney's then-greatness:


Sue the bitch, Britney!! Intellectual property could cover this, right?

Lastly, I love Anderson Cooper and his catty comments on the whole thing:

"[Heidi] twittered to congratulate herself and thanked God. I don't think God had anything to do with this production. If God had time to work on this production and thats the best he could do, we're all in trouble."

What a pimp.

+ Photos courtesy of Yahoo, MTV

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off