Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I'm a huge asshole when it comes to nostalgia, basically because dead people like James Dean, Brandon Lee, Joe Strummer and Elliott Smith make me all goofy and teary-eyed. Like any Hot Topic-loving, totally typical Goth kid, I have a pathetic soft spot for people that I think beat it too early.

Michael Jackson (yeah, I'm going to remember him as a black man, not the white woman he eventually came to look like) still has me on the fence (he may have touched children, but hey, he made "Thriller!"), but also like any Hot Topic-loving, totally typical Goth kid, Heath Ledger gets all my sympathies. And my favorite part of "The Dark Knight," too:


Which is why it pleases me beyond belief that the recently released trailer for his final film, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus," looks fucking awesome, completely dudely and any other positive adjective you can think of. Baller? Yes. Bitchin'? Sure. Bananas? OK, if you want to keep this alliteration thing going. I'd rather go watch "The Dark Knight" again and indulge my nerdiness. Because, you know, fuck Jack Nicholson.

+ Photo courtesy of JustForTheKicks

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off