Thursday, August 20, 2009

Do animals always do what you ask?

Syndicated TV defined my middle-school weekends; I had a pretty strict upbringing and didn't really get to go out much. So, because of my absurd nerdiness, I always watched those awful shows on the WB, like "Xena" and "Hercules" and ...


"BEASTMASTER!"

Yes, Daniel Goddard was a hot piece. And then he disappeared! And then I grew up, became a senior citizen and started watching "The Young and the Restless," which my mom always watched when I was a kid, when she worked nights and stayed with us during the day.

Yesterday, it hit me. Why did Cane Ashby, the Australian orphan posing as Philip Chancellor III, look so familiar?


BECAUSE HE'S A GROWN-UP GODDARD. BACK IN MY TV LIFE.

God, the dumbest things make me happy. And full of prepubescent-like adoration.

+ Photos courtesy of Photobucket, Daytime Confidential

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off