Saturday, August 15, 2009

Putting the "gag" in Gaga.

Lady Gaga has based a lot of her popularity around her comfort with and appreciation for gay culture; for example, she appeared on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" before "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno." But her complete lack of modesty - and overblown sense of self-importance - makes me want to rip off her face. For example, this quote in a recent interview with Out magazine:

"I very much want to inject gay culture into the mainstream,' she says, 'It’s not an underground tool for me. It’s my whole life. So I always sort of joke the real motivation is to just turn the world gay."

Like, I think that's an admirable thing to want to do. I agree that the gay community loves her extravagant, over-the-top fashion sense and in-your-face personality. But I also think it takes a lot more than writing songs describing fantasizing about sex with women to "turn the world gay," and if Lady Gaga could do more actual stuff - like, performing at more LGBT-themed events (her first TV performance was at the San Francisco Pride Parade last year), or participating in outreach, or pulling a Bono/Africa deal - that'd be great.

Also, this picture from the OUT photo-spread makes me think that only dead people would want to actually have sex with the Gag-a. Zing!


Ugh, that was awful. It's been an off-day when it comes to my hilarity-level. Please, just look at the picture for your laughs; that should be enough.

+ Photo courtesy of OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off