Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trademark names and plurals, you are infuriating.

I feel like my boyfriend often knows a lot more random facts about the world at large than I do, so whenever he points out something bizarre and somewhat peculiar, I'm not that shocked. Annoyed, but not necessarily surprised. And when he told me about a year ago that the proper plural of many Lego pieces is not "Legos" but in fact "Lego blocks," I was somewhat taken aback. Like, what? I thought with plurals you just added an "s" to the end of the noun and were done with it. BUT NO. Apparently not.

Anyway, these new things from Urban decorated with "Lego blocks" - ahem, even though they incorrectly referred to them as "LEGOS" - reminded me of that whole shitshow of a conversation. And reminded me that I need a digital camera and new headphones for my mp3 player. Shit! Where's my Ayrab money?

Lego Camera, $68

Lego MP3 Player, $54

Lego Walkie Talkie Set, $28

P.S. I love that Lego itself refers to them as "LEGO elements." How charmingly douchey.

+ Photos courtesy of Urban Outfitters

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off