Thursday, September 10, 2009

Truly, for some men nothing is written unless THEY write it.

Omar Sharif breaks my heart.

He was in "Lawrence of Arabia" ...


... and "Dr. Zhivago," ...


... two of my favorite movies of all time, and he was (and still is) a fantastic actor. Also, he's a (really, really good-looking) Arab, which means he's tangentially one of my people and therefore more awesome.

But in this latest interview with Reuters (in promotion of his upcoming film "The Traveler"), he says:

"Every moment is like that for me now and that is how it should be. To live well at my age you always have to think about concentrating your attention on the moment that is now and the moment you are living because you don't know how much longer you may live."


And that shit just made me uber-sad. I don't know - that seems like a pretty typical quote from an older guy (Sharif says he's 78), but there's something about it that is just so accepting of impending death. Like, 'Yup. The time is near. Whomp whomp!' And that sucks; I really hope Sharif doesn't drop tomorrow and join the summer spree of celebrity death or something.

He's still got a banging smile, though. What a charming man.


+ Photos courtesy of IMDB, Reuters

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off