Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm pretty sure dances like the Stanky Leg and Halle Berry are failures of our civilization.

It's been a slow morning; I've spent it re-watching the clips from this Sunday's episode of "America's Best Dance Crew," in which the groups had to incorporate various dance crazes, like the Twist, Stanky Leg and Halle Berry (which I had never fucking heard of before), into their routines while also using a trampoline. Lots of factors at once! Anyway, Vogue Evolution, the all-gay crew fronted by Leyomi Maldonado, got ousted this week, and though I think it would have meant a lot for them to win it all, their dance style just isn't going to cut it when compared to the flips and athletics of other crews.



Plus, I think their performance just paled in comparison to We Are Heroes', who spent the second week in the bottom two but got saved again by the judges - and totally deservedly. They remind me a bit of Fanny Pack, in that they mash lots of theatrical elements into their choreography, but like ... better.



So, four crews left: We Are Heroes, Massive Monkees, Rhythm City and AfroBoriké. I'm totally eying Rhythm City to win it all. Is there any more evidence necessary than the below clip? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off