Friday, October 16, 2009

Nerdiness + hipsterness = poetry.

The other night on Jeopardy, the Final Jeopardy category was Poets, right, and then the question was about the American author who wrote the longest poem ever, and the two runners-up both guessed Walt Whitman, whereas the guy who is currently on a winning spree right now - this righteous black dude named Terry, who my boyfriend dislikes because of his cockiness, but whatever - correctly answered T.S. Eliot.


The Wasteland, bitches. Read it.

But anyway, the incorrect answers of "Whitman" reminded me that Levi's is using his poem "Pioneers! O Pioneers!" in their latest line of ads, and I could not love them more.



I don't know what the jig is, or whether the hipster in me has just been acting up more than usual lately, but I adore when they come on TV. Using vaguely homoerotic poems to sell overpriced denim? Sure, sounds good to me.

+ Photo courtesy of Clemson

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off