Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jealousy, righteous indignation, etc.

I love shoes. This is not surprising to anyone.

However, what IS surprising to me is this blog, Sea of Shoes, which is run by this teenager Jane Aldridge from Dallas.


I'm pretty late on this - as a crapload of other people have written about her before, she's been featured in Vogue and has a shoe line with Urban Outfitters - but I've been reading it pretty rapidly these past few days, and I must say:

What. The. Fuck.

This girl is 17, has a former model for a mother and regularly goes out in outfits like this:



Yup, those are $835 Jill Sander sandals and a $965 Antonio Palladino ring.

Or how about this one?


Uh huh - $740 boots from Barney's CO-OP.

Now, I'm not saying having money is bad. Having money is fine. But I do think it's somewhat annoying - and devastatingly unfair - that this girl is not even legal yet, has an infinite shopping budget and got pulled out of her senior year of high school by her parents so she can concentrate on blogging about shoes. Not cool, people. Not cool.

+ Photos courtesy of Fashion Indie, Sea of Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off