Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A few of my LEAST FAVORITE things.

Dear universe,

Let me ask you something: Was today some kind of test of my willpower? Because seriously, you just kept throwing awful curve-balls at me left and right. Don't act all fucking coy. You know what I'm talking about:

1. American Apparel's Satin Charmeuse Jumper Pants, $40. Nast.


2. The American editor of a Palestinian news agency was basically kicked out of Israel today for printing opinions the government doesn't like, further proving that the country will remove anyone who doesn't agree with them. AWESOME. Is that supposed to be freedom? Cuz like, it's fucking not.

3. Apparently, the most-watched shows on regular TV and cable last week included winners like "WWE Raw," "NCIS" and "Two and a Half Men." Is America functionally retarded? Seriously, WHO WATCHES THESE SHOWS. Is this why Conan is failing? Because every one of you deserves to die, I swear.

4. The New York Times is going to start charging for access to its website, and The New Republic just wrote some huge piece on why The Washington Post is basically going down into a cesspool of its own creation. ... So, do I have a future doing journalism, or should I start looking for a rich oil tyrant husband now?

5. Rihanna performs a cover of Bob Marley's "Redemption Song" on "Oprah" as a way to inspire those suffering from the earthquake in Haiti. I don't know, I'm just not too enthused by this; she probably means well? But Joe Strummer's cover is better, and we all know it.



Full of rage, as always,

- Me.

+ Photo courtesy of American Apparel

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off