Sunday, March 27, 2011

Movie news that pleases me.

I saw "Sucker Punch" last week and I guess I was the only person in the world who liked it, as it currently holds a 20 percent rating on RottenTomatoes. I mean, holy crap that's bad. That's the same rating as "Beastly"! That's just offensive to "Sucker Punch." The only thing linking the two movies is Vanessa Hudgens, so I'm going to blame her.

But yeah, these news items are keeping me happy in light of the commercial failure that is "Sucker Punch."

1. Armie Hammer, who played the Winklevoss twins in "The Social Network" and whose name always makes me giggle because it sounds like Arm & Hammer, will star as Prince Andrew Alcott in "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White," one of the upcoming adaptations of "Snow White." Director Tarsem Singh has already cast Julia Roberts as the Evil Queen. There's another "Snow White" adaptation being planned, with Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron and Viggo Mortensen.

+ EDIT: Sike! Viggo is no longer going to be in "Snow White and the Huntsman," which pleases me, because APPARENTLY he's in talks to play the villain in the "Superman" movie Amy Adams has been cast in. I'm going to go ahead and say I'm psychic for linking these two pieces of news together in the same post without even knowing their connection at first! You're welcome. Anyway, have these pictures of Hammer and Mortensen anyway.

If there could somehow be a "Snow White" adaptation with both Hammer and Mortensen in one movie, I would be super pumped, since Hammer looks like this ...


... and Mortensen looks like this ...


But alas, it cannot be. I would probably see Singh's version, because I can't stand Kristen Stewart, but I also can't stand Julia Roberts, so this will definitely be a balancing act for my hatred. I hate most female actresses, big surprise!

2. Amy Adams will be Lois Lane in the upcoming "Superman" adaptation, which Zack Snyder - who created the sadly under-performing "Sucker Punch" - will direct. I'm totally OK with this idea, since Kate Bosworth was such a poor Lois Lane in 2006's "Superman Returns," and since Adams kicked so much ass in "The Fighter." Literally, when she punched Micky's sisters in the face, I couldn't be happier.


Who wouldn't punch those shrill harpy bitches? Honestly.

3. Lastly, I'm not necessarily excited by this, but definitely intrigued: Mila Kunis has been cast as the Wicked Witch of the West in the film adaptation of "Oz: The Great and Powerful," which will also star James Franco. They played a drug-happy couple in 2010's "Date Night," which also starred Franco's amazing facial hair.


Sam Raimi (who did "The Evil Dead" and the "Spider-Man" trilogy with Tobey Maguire) is directing "Oz," which could be awesome, and the prequel will take a look at the land from the Wizard's point of view, chronicling how he came to power, as we all saw in "The Wizard of Oz." Franco is pretty slimy and sleazy at times, so I can definitely see him doing well with the role - and Kunis is hot. The end.

+ Photos courtesy of piercedbyalance.com, lilokpelikula.files.wordpress.com, parcbench.com, hotflick.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off