Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Slutting it up, now with media commentary.

So I normally read Ed2010, this website that gives out advice about getting into the magazine business and often posts WhisperJobs or other notices of job openings in the industry, and though I've never applied to anything through the website, it's still interesting to look at once in a while to see what's open out there. And every so often, Ed2010 staffers write little how-to pieces on how to start freelancing, better your resume and - most recently - "What You Gain from Losing Your Job."

What gems did I learn from this piece? That you can travel and volunteer after losing your job, yay! I don't mean to sound harsh - being unemployed right now would certainly fucking suck - but I kind of hate "stories" like this, which give out this falsely hopeful advice. Losing your job would suck a dick. No amount of helping others would make that suckiness stop sucking. Maybe I'm a heartless bitch, but hey, it is what it is.

In other news, my old standby for what to do if I lose my job is still turning tricks. Plus, since Nasty Gal Vintage just added a crapload of new clothes, I got a new outfit all picked out. Lo and behold:

Oh yeah. If Miley Cyrus can get away with dressing up like Julia Roberts from "Pretty Woman" for her 17th birthday, then I'm sure I can make a life out of it.

+ Photos courtesy of Nasty Gal Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off