Monday, May 31, 2010

I still have hating Miley on lock. But now it's mixed with tears of nerdiness.

Uh, my heart is broken: Guillermo del Toro has quit as director of "The Hobbit" film adaptation, which was supposed to come out in 2012.

According to a statement posted online yesterday, del Toro said:

"In light of ongoing delays in the setting of a start date for filming ‘The Hobbit,’ I am faced with the hardest decision of my life. After nearly two years of living, breathing and designing a world as rich as Tolkien’s Middle Earth, I must, with great regret, take leave from helming these wonderful pictures."

Tears. Spasms of grief. Ever since del Toro, who I will forever love because of "Pan's Labyrinth" and "The Devil's Backbone" and yes, even "Blade II," signed on with "The Hobbit," I literally squealed with fangirl glee every time I thought about it. So ... my sadness is fairly high. Pathetically high, sure, but also FAIRLY HIGH.

You know, these pictures of del Toro and "Lord of the Rings" director Peter Jackson mean nothing now.



Where's my fucking Kleenex?! And my box set of "Lord of the Rings?" I now have something to do after this "Law and Order" marathon is over.

P.S. Don't worry, this sadness won't hamper my hatred of Miley Cyrus, especially when she dresses like this.


UGH. SOCIETY. WHY.

+ Photos courtesy of The Examiner, This Recording, US Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

sound.off